Your Eyes Tell

When it comes to talking to people or meeting new people for the first time, one of the flaws that I personally want to fix about myself is eye contact. I am just never able to do it and when I don’t, to others, it may seem I’m rude or just not interested in the conversation. But it’s never that. I’m genuinely interested in all kinds of conversations I have with people and love listening to others when they speak. 

Body language, eye contact, tone of voice, and surrounding sounds are just a few of the broad terms used to define communications. There are meanings to the definition of communication, like the Linear Model of Communication. To explain that side of communication, it is like playing the game telephone where a message is whispered to someone and each person has to interpret what the other said. There is the sender who is sending the message, to the receiver who is taking in the information in order to pass it on. And at the end the sender wants the receiver to understand the message. Another example is tutoring, in order to help someone you want them to understand the subject before moving on.  

In this chapter, it gave me more confidence to fix my social skills when talking to people and to always talk with my whole body rather than just my mouth.